Friday 18 September 2009

BACKSTAGE AT NOIR









Last night's fashion show art music menage a trois was a spectacular event and I was so pleased that Godiva had been one of the 6 high quality, individual independent stores asked to be involved. For the first time in a long time I was backstage dressing my assigned model Diana Strausa from Colours Model Management Glasgow. She was perfect for the collection that we showcased and a real pleasure to work with. Backstage always has such high energy, there was a lot of laughter, wine and it was a good chance to chat to the models and to the other designers. Stylist Ian Tod was not there to style this time but to dress in drag for a show finale! The lovely ever-so-cute Asta was backstage to, dressed as Alice in Wonderland's white rabbit. I forgot how quickly you have to move, change, deal with disasters. We only had one hitch throughout the changes where we could not place one of the feather vintage hats on Diana in time before she ran off to go out. I chased her down the corridor and nearly end up on the runway myself with hat and hairpins in hand with a slight flustered rouge glow. I would like to thank Nikki Kent who came along to assist me backstage. It was her first backstage experience and hopefully not her last.
Despite not actually seeing the show live, I did manage to watch the replay film throughout the after party. Being backstage was great, you do gain a sense of being are part of the process and success of the show, and this was certainly a show that I was pleased to be a part of.
I would like to thanks Anna and Jonathan Freemantle for their brilliant creation NOIR. These two individual really know how to have a fashion party.

No comments:

Post a Comment